Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Focused and Determined - Robert Haslam is in a Class of his Own!!

Focus and determined - Robert Haslam is One of my favorite riders around! Why you ask? What makes him special you ask? Two big things that stand out - 
1-The heart of a lion - and 2- a DYNAMIC Personality to equal his talent! A great Rider and a great kid! Let me introduce - ROBERT HASLAM!
  
1.  Full name:  Robert James Haslam
 

2.  DOB: December 17, 1987

3.  Hometown
: Seattle,WA
 

4.  Currently residing: Roseville, CA 

5.  Machine: 2007 YZ250

6.  Riding since
:  Got my first motorcycle for christmas at age 4. Been riding FMX for 3 years
 

7.  What is your most memorable moment riding and how did you get started: Most memorable would have to be traveling all summer for shows and meeting cool people along the way including my amazing girl. And I got started riding when I was little thanks to my dad who bought me my first motorcycle.

8.  Who do you look up to in your sport:
Justin Homan for sure...Not just as a fellow rider and mentor but also for what he is beyond the sport of FMX.
 

9. Worst injury:
I broke my ankle on the first jump of the first demo I ever rode by overjumping the mobile landing to flat and had to drive home from Canada battered and broken.


10. SponsorsK&N Engineering  MX13   


  
11.  Accomplishments: Being able to ride FMX full time and go to school, 7th place 2009 AFMXA Amateur Class Pala, 12th place 2010 AFMXA Pro Class Pala, 6th place 2010 AZFMX Pro Class, 7th place 2010 FreestyleMTX Open, Riding 30+ Demos in 2010

12.  Who’s on your playlist
:
Pretty much everything from Led Zeppelin to Lee Brice to Lady Gaga
 

13.  Favorite food:  Mexican

14.  Good luck routines
:  Not much into superstition when it comes to riding...I just clear my head and have fun.

15. Signature trick
: Where  most excel at grab tricks, I am more partial to bar tricks. I am known for my overstretched deadbody combos.
 
16. Any Closing Remarks?
I just want to thank everyone who has  given me the confidence and support to get where I am at today. To all the kids looking to get into the sport, just remember to have fun cause that's why we al ride in the first place...TO HAVE FUN!






                                                                                           

 

No comments:

Post a Comment